Glass Instrument Company
Title Fish Prints
Inventory number 000523
The following decorative prints were published by the Glass Instrument Company as a supplement to their calendar for 1976.
Each is printed on white artists' card, and is mounted in a black core Palazzo bevelled art box, card backed, cello-wrapped, and ready for framing.
The images are striking black, grey and white, of modern style and depicting the fishes at rest or in motion. Each measures 300x230 mm (width x height) with a window size of 210 x 140 mm.
All in fine condition, price is for the set of 12 prints.
1. BLUEFIN TUNA (Thunnus thynnus), a small shoal.
2. ANCHOVY (Engraulis ringens), a group swimming.
3. ELECTRIC RAY (Torpedo marmorata), at rest.
4. GOLDFISH (Carassius auratus), three plump fishes looking out.
5. ELEPHANT-NOSE FISH (Gnathonemus petersii), handsome fish probing river bed (pictured).
6. TRANSPARENT KNIFEFISH (Eigenmannia virescens), with a BLACK GHOST KNIFEFISH (Sternarchus albifrons), both swimming.
7. ANGLERFISH (Lophius piscatorius), everything an anglerfish should be.
8. KILLIFISH (Fundulus heteroclitus), two killis swimming.
9. SKATE (Raja clavata), one swimming, one cruising to rest.
10. BRISTLE MOUTH FISH (Vinciguerria nimbaria), bizarre.
11. HATCHETFISH (Gasteropelis levi), two fishes in fine form.
12. TOADFISH (Opsanus tau), camouflaged at rest.
Glass Instrument Company, Fish Prints